Many people know the grinding wheel. Today we will talk about the resin grinding wheel in the grinding wheel. Do you know why more and more grinding wheels are used for cutting, instead of using a harder diamond Saw blade, a wood saw blade that is sharper than it. Do you know how to use resin grinding wheels correctly? Did you know that there is more than one kind of resin grinding wheel? Today we will have a good chat about our protagonist “Resin Grinding Wheel”.
Resin grinding wheel is a grinding wheel made of resin with high strength. It is used in cutting discs, double end faces, heavy-duty grinding wheels, polishing wheels and so on. It has the characteristics of certain elasticity, low heat resistance, good self-sharpening, simple production, and short process cycle; it is widely used for rough grinding, barren grinding, cutting and free grinding, such as grinding steel ingots, casting burrs, etc.
Resin grinding wheels are grinding wheels made of resin, such as phenolic, epoxy, polyurethane, polyvinyl alcohol, etc.; resin grinding wheels have high strength and can add reinforcing fiber mesh and steel bars, such as cutting discs, grinding discs, and most of us The resin grinding wheel is not waterproof and cannot be ground with grinding fluid. Of course, there are also some resin grinding wheels that need to be ground with grinding fluid, such as epoxy. The resin grinding wheel has good grinding smoothness and the workpiece is not easy to burn. The resin grinding wheel is used in cutting Discs, double-end faces, heavy-duty grinding wheels, polishing wheels, etc. The strength of resin bond grinding wheels is lower than that of metal bond and ceramic bond.
Resin bond is an organic bond. The grinding wheel manufactured by this bond has high strength, certain elasticity, low heat resistance, good self-sharpening, simple production and short process cycle. It can manufacture grinding wheels with working speed higher than 80 m/s and very thin grinding wheels. Its application range is second only to the ceramic bond, and it is widely used in rough grinding, barren grinding, cutting and free grinding, such as grinding steel ingots and burring castings. It can manufacture high-speed, high-finish grinding wheels, heavy-duty, cut-off and various special requirements.
At the same time, resin-bonded grinding wheels are a tool that is in greater demand. It is a tool made by gluing diamond or cubic boron nitride (CBN) abrasives and inorganic fillers using benzoic acid and polyamide or other resins as binders. This tool is being effectively used in various grinding operations, such as surface grinding, centerless grinding, slotting, and internal grinding. It is an ideal grinding tool for super heat-resistant stainless steel, cermet, ceramic products, glass products, limonite, high speed steel, alloy tools and many other new superhard materials. <BR> There are many kinds of special resin bonded diamond grinding wheels for rapid cold cutting. These grinding wheels are particularly suitable for grinding carbide tools (such as saws, cutting machines, drilling tools, end mills, etc.). In addition, these tools can also be used for precision grinding of cemented carbide molds, rollers and carbide wear parts. Resin bonded grinding wheels are the first choice for precision machining of ceramic products and for grinding tungsten carbide and thermal spray coatings on ceramic products. Resin bonded grinding wheels can also be used in combination with CBN to grind high-speed steel, tool and die steel, and super heat-resistant alloys above FtRC50.
The grinding wheel must be carefully inspected and identified before installation. The steps to check and identify are:
- Check whether the grade of the grinding wheel is correct and whether it meets the performance, shape and size of all selected grinding wheels.
- Check and identify the appearance and structure of the grinding wheel. Use your eyes to observe whether the appearance of the grinding wheel is damaged (or cracked). Grinding wheels with appearance damage (or cracks) cannot be used. In addition, both ends of the grinding wheel are required to be flat without any obvious skew. 3. Check and identify the internal cracks of the grinding wheel. Hold the grinding wheel in your hand and tap the grinding wheel with a wooden hammer to listen to the sound. The grinding wheel without cracks emits a crisp sound, and the grinding wheel with cracks has a hoarse sound, which cannot be used.
Resin grinding wheels are generally divided into ordinary resin grinding wheels and super hard resin grinding wheels according to abrasives. Ordinary resin grinding wheel is a grinding wheel with ordinary abrasives such as white corundum, brown corundum, silicon carbide as the main grinding component, and superhard resin grinding wheel is a grinding wheel with diamond or CBN as the main grinding component.
The most commonly used ordinary resin grinding wheels in the market are ordinary resin cutting discs and ordinary resin grinding discs. Common diameters are 75,100,115,125,150,180,230,300,350,400. Although there are not many commonly required diameters, there are many different sizes of the thickness of the grinding wheel according to the different cutting needs of each country. Taking the size of 115 as an example, the largest demand in the American market is 115*1.0,*22.23,115*1.2*22.23,115*3.0*22.23,115*6.0*22.23. The size required in the Middle East becomes 115*1.0*22.3 , 115*2.0*22.23,115*3.0*22.23,115*4.0*22.23,115*6.0*22.23 arrived in the German market 115*1.0*22.23,115*1.2*22.23. Of course this is just my customer according to our Damon grinding wheel The data is written, the reader can use it as a reference. Maybe what I said is not so comprehensive, but it also reflects the different needs of each country from the side. Some people think that only the thickness of the grinding wheel has changed, but it is actually a change in the entire process, the ratio of all ingredients, and a series of changes in the sintering temperature.
The super hard resin grinding wheel market mainly includes super hard resin cutting discs and super hard resin grinding discs. The diameter of common cutting discs is 100,125,150,200. The diameter of common grinding discs is 150, 200, 250, 300, 400.
The resin grinding wheel is made of high-quality composite corundum abrasives, professional production technology, high-strength glass fiber mesh cloth, the product has a distinctive color and appearance, the product does not contain sulfur, iron, halogen and other elements, and the thickness of the product is less than conventional product. The product has the characteristics of sharp cutting, saving raw materials, no burns to the workpiece, and no burrs.
The resin grinding wheel is suitable for cutting stainless steel pipes, stainless steel rods, stainless steel castings, cast steel, large workpieces and other materials. Steel pipe mills and shipyards are the two industries with the greatest demand for grinding wheels. Because they are consumables, in such large factories, grinding wheels are consumed very quickly, so you often encounter bulk purchases, as long as your quality is good and the price is reasonable. , Then congratulations, as long as there are no major problems, you will get a long-term and stable partner.
Many people can’t distinguish the difference between resin grinding wheels and ceramic grinding wheels, including many of our customers and even some manufacturers, because many customers who don’t know the grinding wheel industry will only indicate the approximate size when placing an order, such as 4 inches. Because ceramic cutting discs are generally used to cut ceramic tiles, they think that the grinding wheel they need is for cutting stone. Generally speaking, they will write cutting stone. The resin grinding wheel has a special process for making stone, and the resin grinding wheel It cannot be wetted. The resin grinding wheel contains a component called inorganic salt, which absorbs moisture in the air, causing the grinding wheel to become soft and reduce its performance. And many ceramic slices need to add water when cutting, this determines that resin grinding wheel slices and ceramic slices cannot be confused at all.
In terms of color, ceramic grinding wheels are generally blue, white, red, green, black, etc. according to the material du quality, and the resin is generally dark brown.
In terms of smell, ceramic grinding wheels are generally tasteless, and resin grinding wheels have the peculiar smell of resin tartaric acid.
In terms of sound, the ceramic grinding wheel generally makes a crisp sound when it is struck, while the resin grinding wheel makes a dull and deep sound.
Resin grinding wheels and ceramic grinding wheels have different bonding agents. As far as the nature of the bonding agent is concerned, the ceramic bonding agent is an inorganic bonding agent, while the resin bonding agent is an organic bonding agent. Therefore, the properties and uses of the two types of grinding wheels are different:
- Ceramic grinding wheel: Because its binder is ceramic, its chemical composition is stable, heat-resistant, water-resistant, strong, but brittle.
In most cases, this type of grinding wheel is used. For example, outer grinders and surface grinders, because the grinding wheel will generate a lot of heat when working, so it should be washed with water for cooling, and it is better to use a ceramic bond.
- Resin grinding wheel: Resin is an organic bond, so it has high elasticity and strength. But the robustness, heat resistance, and corrosion resistance are poor.
When the end face of the grinding wheel is used for grinding, the resin type grinding wheel is used; when the material is cut, the thin resin bond grinding wheel can be selected; when the grinding wheel speed is higher, the resin bond grinding wheel is used.
Speaking of this, CNDOME Abrasives has to tell you about the precautions for the use of resin grinding wheels. When using resin grinding wheels, you must follow the following rules, otherwise it will not only affect the grinding quality, but may even cause more serious consequences.
- Before using the resin grinding wheel, be sure to check whether the product has cracks and dull sound, if there is, it cannot be used;
- The speed of the grinding wheel shall not exceed the safe linear speed;
- Do not work with the end face of the grinding wheel;
- When the grinding wheel is processing the workpiece, do not use the lever to push the workpiece to increase the pressure on the grinding wheel;
- Professional dressing tools should be used when dressing the grinding wheel, and the operator should wear protective equipment;
- During the grinding process, the coolant should be selected correctly. If the coolant is not used, there must be a dust-proof device;
- The center hole of the grinding wheel and the center axis of the grinding wheel must match, otherwise it cannot be used;
- The shape and size of the flanges clamped on both sides of the resin grinding wheel must be the same; the diameter must meet the requirements, and there must be grooves on both sides;
- When installing and fixing, it must be tight enough. After installation, start the machine idling for about one minute, and use it after there is no abnormality;
- The pressure should be uniform during grinding and use. It is strictly forbidden to violently collide with the workpiece when the grinding wheel is adjusted and rotated. The knife should be gradual. Cutting large diameter workpieces should reduce the contact surface between the grinding wheel and the workpiece.
There are many names for grinding wheel discs. Some people like to call it CUTTING DISC, some people like to call it CUTTING WHEEL, and others like to call it CUT-OFF WHEEL. If you search for grinding discs with the same keywords on Amazon, you will be surprised to find , The searched thing is not what you don’t want to find at all, so learn more about the name of the grinding wheel, so that when facing different customers, you can communicate according to their habits in language, which will make customers feel more comfortable. I don’t know what your country’s grinding wheel is called. If you also have grinding wheel needs or different opinions, please leave a message to me.